Monday 27 July 2009

Day 23 22/07/09 Lake Geneva, WI. > Middleton, WI. 91miles.

Left Red's house and had a lovely fry up with 'english muffins' that turned out to be crumpets in Lake Geneva town. Finally got myself some headphones after trying LOADS of shops, felt really good to hear some music! Really nice cycling today along. Had lunch with some locals 10miles before hitting madison they were shocked at our lack of guns! Didn't understand how we protect ourselves! After narrowly avoiding a downpour i cycled into madison which is a really pretty college town. On the way in i bumped into a guy called Eric who was also cycling (without panniers). Eric showed me around the town (capital city of wisconsin) before kindly offering to let me stay at his house. Stunning condo in middleton that looked over a woodland with loads of wildlife. Took me out for a drive in his 1980 porsche 911 (could not stop smiling) and also taking me out for a meal followed by frozen custard - real good high fat ice cream (aka heaven). Chatted for a while about the trip and eric's really interesting swimming career & watched some of the tour de france. Had myself a really comfy kingsize bed to! Much appreciated!

P1000414

P1000415

Above: The way into Madison

P1000419

Above: Sweaty me on the Lakeside.

P1000420

Above: Me & the porsche

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers